ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing (U11 – U19)*:
The Barrow Neurological Institute administers the ImPACT (Immediate Post concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) test. The ImPACT test is a widely used neurocognitive test that measures multiple aspects of cognitive function including attention span, working memory, sustained and selective attention time, response variability, non-verbal problem solving and reaction time. This is a test that is used widely by the NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS and most NCAA Division I institutions.
ImPACT Concussion Testing is used to measure one’s ability to recognize, remember and react to words and pictures. It is an objective measure of memory and reaction time. The results provide a fingerprint of sorts to illustrate how the brain functions in a non-concussed state. ImPACT Concussion Testing is accomplished through a thirty (30) minute interactive and individual computerized test. Testing is monitored by a professional who has undergone training in the administration of the test. Please reference the PDF: ImPACT Information for Parents. Video – Click Here
*The ImPACT test only has normative data appropriate for ages 11 and up, so therefore it is not advisable that this test is administered to children below the age of 11.
- ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing (U11 – U19) will be held on Saturday, September 7, 2019, in one (1) hour prescheduled time blocks, from 9:00am – 4:00pm. Testing will begin with the entire group at the top of the hour for each appointment block and once the doors are closed there will be no admittance. This is NOT a drop-in appointment block.
- Phoenix Rising FC Youth Soccer (formerly Scottsdale Soccer) Club Office: 9035 East Pima Center Parkway Suite 10 Scottsdale, Arizona 85258 – GOOGLE MAP LINK CLICK HERE
- Players and siblings 11 years old and older. Baseline Concussion Testing (ImPACT) is recommended every year for 11 - 14 year olds and every other year for 15 - 19 year olds.
- The cost for this test is $15.00 per player / sibling. Please bring the exact amount of your total Testing Fee(s) as we will NOT have change available or the ability to accept credit cards.
Facts about Baseline Concussion Testing:
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Players that participate in the ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing must have a parent or guardian sign the Barrow Neurological Institute Consent Form for ImPACT Testing - CLICK HERE and bring it with them to the testing location. Please have the signed Consent Form completed for each player before you arrive for testing.
- The first part of the ImPACT Baseline Concussion Test asks demographic and medical history questions that many kids do not know the answer to. Please fill out the Demographic Questionnaire for the ImPACT Test - CLICK HERE, before arrival for testing, so the kids can use it as a “cheat sheet” to answer those questions on their test.
- Bring a check, written out to Barrow Neurological Foundation, or cash for the ImPACT Baseline Concussion Testing Fee of $15.00 per player / sibling. Please bring the exact amount of your Testing Fee(s) as we will NOT have change available or the ability to accept credit cards.
- Players should arrive at least 15 minutes early to organize and be available for their scheduled testing appointment. Testing will begin with the entire group at the top of the hour for each appointment block and once the doors are closed there will be no admittance. This is NOT a drop-in appointment block. Players should be reminded that this test should be taken seriously and in a calm state of mind. This computerized test can last 30 – 40 minutes based on the individual. Please address any testing questions or concerns to the Barrow Neurological Institute staff to ensure proper results.
Thank you for your participation and continued support of Phoenix Rising FC Youth Soccer and our portfolio of programs!